Subject: RE: Re: Zip drive versus EasyDrive (Syquest)
From: "Real Name Not Configured" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 15:31:05

On Tue, 27 Feb 1996 07:29:13 -0800,
[email-masked] wrote...
>well, I have a Zip drive (initially it was the parralel version) and it 
>is very slow!!!!! I exchanged for a scsi version and the speed was a 
>little better and I could use it on my amiga also, but to be honest I am 
>really not that excited about it. It is cheap for  less than $200 it is 
>worth the money but I heard that the syquest drive is much better. 
>Personally I have a 4gig DAT for backup and a CD-R to record CD and I 
>love that combination, plus it is cheaper in the media area.o
>
  They SyQuest EZ 135 is really nice..  the box says it runs at around 13ms 
and using it, it appears to make good on that claim, it's just like a 
removable HD, the new cartridges are like 19.99 for a 135MB, I'm really 
pleased with the one I've been using and would reccomend it to anyone.
  Todd LeMoine